Lesson 10: Spiritual Leadership
A. Scriptural Principles
1. Fivefold ministry: equipping every member to serve, Ephesians 4:11-16.
2. Leadership through service, Matthew 20:25-28 (not authoritarianism).
3. Leadership by example, I Peter 5:1-4 (not authoritarianism).
4. Unity yet diversity of gifts in the body of Christ, Romans 12:4-6; I Corinthians 12:4-7.
5. Protecting God’s people (the anointed, the prophets), Psalm 105:13-15.
6. Love is the proper motivation for self and others, I Corinthians 13 (not anger, James 1:19-20).
7. Respect for others, Matthew 7:12 (not humiliation or threats).
8. Reliance on the Word (source of authority) and the Spirit (source of power).
B. Qualifications for Spiritual Leadership
1. Spirituality, I Timothy 4:12.
2. Servanthood, Mark 10:42-44.
3. Faithfulness, I Corinthians 4:2.
a. Responsible, trustworthy, loyal, truthful, dedicated.
b. Galatians 5:22; Matthew 25:14-30; Luke 19:12-27.
a. Spirit of excellence, Daniel 6:3.
b. Goodness, Galatians 5:22.
a. Be organized: priorities, goals, plan of action, evaluation.
b. Work diligently.